This is the Queen event. It’s the hardest at nearly 200 miles and 19K feet of climbing. It’s desolate and day two is a commitment.
It is the ride that captured everyone’s imagination from which came the Ramble. Ride the “SBR” as it is known locally, and it’ll get into your imagination too.
Steamboat Ramble really tested me mentally and physically…It was easily one of the most positive life changing things in my life. Very grateful you invited me. That was a solid life experience.
It’s truly of of those experiences that will leaved you changed on the other side.
All photos by Ian Hylands
Roughly 80% off pavement, the Steamboat Ramble takes you through Roosevelt National Forest, across the North Park Valley and through Routt National Forest over Buffalo Pass. Point to point, transportation back to Fort Collins is included.
Day 1 | 71 miles | 8,146 feet ascent | Fort Collins to Red Feather.
Day 2 | 75 miles | 7,275 feet ascent | Red Feather to Walden.
Day 3 | 50 miles | 3,357 feet ascent | Walden to Steamboat Spring.
On the Ramble you get:
- Kickoff event Wednesday night at New Belgium Brewery.
- 3 days of food. Breakfast and Dinner at camp. Lunch items on the road. Ride food is provided.
- Route support including medical.
- Camping for each night on the ride.
- Drinks and adult beverages. Beer provided by New Belgium Brewing.
- Exclusive discounts and products from our partners.
- Ramble training plan from Source Endurance.
- End-of-ride dinner and party.
- Transportation back to the starting point if applicable.
Once purchased, you’ll receive an email receipt and a welcome package will be sent with specific ride information, personal discount codes and all relevant materials.
If you’re still wondering what a Ramble is, head over to this page and give it a read.
The rider meeting for the Steamboat Ramble will be held at New Belgium Brewery, Wednesday July 26th at 6:30 pm lasting until 8pm. Afterwards, feel free to go out in Old Town, but don’t stay out too late.
- Ride departure is Thursday July 27 at 7:30*am
- Our first night is in Red Feather.
- Our second night is in Walden.
- Our third and final night is in Steamboat Springs, we’ll be having our final dinner party hosted by Moots. Camping this final night is at the Steamboat Springs KOA, roughly 3 miles from the Moots location.
For those wanting to shuttle back to Fort Collins, plan to be at Moots by 10:30am Sunday. Sleep in, go to breakfast but don’t be late. Shuttles start to arrive around 11am and get us back to New Belgium in Fort Collins around 3 pm. Feel free to hang out at New Belgium for another beer and high fives Sunday afternoon.
Must be 18 or over to ride. 21 or over to consume alcohol. No departure without a signed waiver or helmet and the pre-ride meeting is mandatory. Pre-ride meetings held the evening before departures. We’re riding open courses so adhere to all traffic laws and remember that riding a bike off road can be dangerous and no one will look out for your safety and good as you. Ramble Rides LLC retains the option to reroute courses due to weather or any other closures or conditions that may impact the ride and safety of participants.
* we reserve the right to change depending on conditions.